This was one of THOSE projects.
The kind that makes a person procrastinate projects of this sort in the future.
I had an idea in my head about how I thought this chair would look when I was done with it.
It's a little wire chair that I got from a friend many, many years ago.
Makenzie has had it in her room and it's been fun keeping it the way it was.
Every time she changed the look of her room, we would buy a new toilet seat cover to put on the seat. They always fit perfectly and there are so many choices! :)
Well.....I had an old round pillow that I cut open so I could use the stuffing on the seat. I carefully covered it with batting and stapled the batting down.
Then I added the fabric and stapled it down.
And, if you're wondering,
YES, my hand was really cramping trying to use that big clunky staple gun.
I trimmed it up really nice and neat underneath.
Do you see my markings on the bottom? I was being so careful to make sure that the seat fit perfectly back on the chair once it was completed.
I wanted to make it have a tufted look so I decided to add a covered button to the middle of the seat. I attached it using wire. I brought the wire up through a hole in the bottom of the seat, looped the button on and put it back down through the hole.
I pulled it tight with pliers and stapled the wire down in place.
While I was covering the seat, the chair,
that I had spray painted a glossy black, was drying out in the garage.
I was so excited to bring it in and attach the seat!
And that was when I cussed.
It wasn't a "bad" swear, it was just a little one.
I cussed because I noticed that the stripes weren't centered on the seat.
And, the button wasn't centered either.
Not to mention that it made the seat look like it had a giant belly button.
So, I gave myself a 24 hour cooling off period.......
and started over.
Here is the big reveal!
Centered striped and no belly button.
I feel much better.
No more cussing for me.
At least for now. ;}