Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Speaking of feedsacks......




I have another feed sack project to share!
I've been dragging around some vintage 9-patch blocks forever. I found them on ebay for about $7!


They are all hand stitched.


I decided to use the disappearing 9-patch pattern and make them into a little lap quilt.
Mary @ Gettysburg Homestead just finished up a great tutorial with this pattern. http://gettysburghomestead.blogspot.com/

First, you cut your 9-patch in half down the middle squares, then turn your block and cut it in half again down the middle square. (Sorry-I should have taken a picture of this step)

 The thing I like about this pattern is there are several ways to arrange your blocks after they're cut....

You can sew them back together like this-

 Or like this-
(I chose this way)
 Or like this-
 Then you sew them all together!
I quilted in the ditch for this one. It went fast and easy. Two of my favorite things!
This is my favorite block in this quilt. :)
 I put a small checked gingham sashing on it and bound it with a small rosebud print. I like how the black anchored it but it has all f the bright colors found in the blocks.
 I think I am really warming up to all of these fun colors.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Love it! Looks like funky pinwheels!