Friday, November 12, 2010

some finishes.

I have been spending a lot of time with my sewing machine lately.
I think I've run the old girl right into the ground actually.
 I am hoping that if I give her a little rest, she will start acting like she should again!
The tension is all wonky and I have unpicked my fair share of tangles threads.
Because, seriously, if she's a goner, I will be really sad....and bored.....

Anyway, tomorrow is the volleyball banquet for the high school. Makenzie coached the freshman team this year and had a total blast. The coaches do a little something for each one of their players. Makenzie wanted to something personal for them. So, she asked if I would help her make a little blanket for each one of them. We went and got a variety of those soft and cuddly fabrics and made blankets.
I did an overcast stitch around 15 of those babies!
Oh,  but they are cute. And soft. And cuddly. (I'm thinking I might need one for myself!)
She also put together a little bag full of candy and a lotion for them
 and she tied it on with the ribbon that you see in the picture.
 Also, thanks to Makenzie, I got another project done.
She is always wanting to do big projects....projects like painting a room.
She suggested we recover a chair that is Ragans room that has been waiting to be recovered for a long time.

Last year, for Christmas, one of Ragans gifts was some fabric to recover it. I got the chair at a thrift store (for $5!) when Ragan was in the 5th grade. At the time, her room was full of bright colors so we covered it with purple fun fur.
But, now that she is all grown up it needed an update to match her new room.
This is how it looked purple!

This is how it looked when I picked it up at the thrift store. (except that it wasn't disassembled!)
And now, here it is......

 all
shiny and new!

The legs were really a light colored wood so I spray painted them.
Ragan loves how it looks.

 And, that makes me happy. :)
Thanks, Kenz, for your gentle nudging. :):)


3 comments:

Simple Home said...

The blankets and the chair turned out wonderful. That's a lot of blankets to make too!
Blessings,
Marcia

Burklund Blogger said...

Oh. My. Goodness. Makenzie... you. are. amazing. What dedication! I bet those girls LOVE their blankets from their (favorite) coach. Well done. And I LOVE the new chair cover for Ragan's room. Wish I knew how to reupholster furniture. You ladies are so talented... and motivated!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Must be really nice to have such a great helper and inspiration. I truly miss having my Sara around.........
BTW~ cute chair~
★Linda★