Monday, November 15, 2010

Calling all turkeys!

Let me be clear....I am not calling any of you a turkey.

It's just that I love the whole "turkey" theme of Thanksgiving.

I love putting my turkey's out to display after storing away all the remnants of Halloween.


This little guy is one of my favorites.

And, this big fabric turkey makes me happy when I bring him out of the storage bin and sit him on the shelf. He is holding a rather large sign, but I think he's doing a great job at it.

I would like to believe that he is personally reminding us to remember to be thankful! :)
I love the turkey theme so much that I dedicate a whole preschool day to turkeys.

I call it.....(wait for it....) TURKEY DAY!

We make our own little turkey puppet to sing with one of my favorite Thanksgiving songs.
Albuquerque the Turkey
sung to "My Darlin, Clementine"
It goes a little something like this.....

Albuquerque, he's my turkey,
And he's feathered and he's fine.
And he wobbles and he gobbles,
And I'm awfully glad he's mine.

He's the best pet that you'll ever get,
Better than a dog or cat,
Albuquerque, he's my turkey,
And I'm awfully glad of that.

Albuquerque, he's my turkey,
He's so cozy in his bed,
Because for our Thanksgiving dinner,
We had scrambled eggs instead.



I know you will be singing this little ditty all day long now.
But.....just go with it.
 :):):)




1 comment:

danstimpson said...

Nikki saw this and starting singing along. Great memories from Preschool. Who knows how many little lives you have touched. You are awesome.