Sunday, May 22, 2011

What do you do in the summertime?

There is a song that I learned as a child that began with the question,
"What do you do in the summertime, when all the world is green?"
Well, I don't believe the person who composed that song ever came to Arizona in the summer. Ha ha! There sure isn't anything green once summer hits here.
We have been enjoying cooler temps these last few weeks, though. It's technically spring all over the rest of the United States, but it seems Arizona skips right over spring and jumps right into summer.
We just finished up with preschool so my summer has officially started. I sure am going to miss all of these cute little people coming to my my house 3 times a week!
We always take a silly face picture when we have our class pictures. It seems to get all those funny faces "out of the way" before we take our serious one.

With the warmer weather approaching, the bugs start appearing.
A huge grasshopper came to visit recently.
Rusty had some fun with it before I set it free.



I also managed a finish last week.
I found a small shelf at a thrift store right about 3 years ago. It looked like it had been out in a garage or something because it was dirty and stained. But that was a bonus for me as it was only $5!
I painted it tan and stuck it in our master bathroom toilet room, affectionately referred to as "The Library".
Since there isn't a place to store TP in there and to avoid one having to fetch some from another place causing one to potentially be caught with their pants down (literally), this shelf served its purpose well.


But, it wasn't that attractive. Soooo, I had the mister cut a top for it and I gave it a little face lift.

Now that's much better to look at while one is......er....."brainstorming". ;)



Oh....I almost forgot.

I have a little secret.......
I found another chair!  
Isn't it awesome?!?! I can't wait to get started on the make over!

5 comments:

Beckyjean said...

Jo-Anne~

Love the shelf makeover. A prim girl needs all the room she can get for her goodies!!

Enjoy your day~Becky

Kris said...

I love that song! It always felt so fresh and cool to me. Quite foreign from my summertimes. Summer is when the hills surrounding Adelaide brown off, so I never got the green! Love all your furniture makeovers. Every piece you finish looks fantastic!

Earlene said...

enjoyed all your pictures! Your cat is adorble and I bet he loves having you home.
Enjoy your summer!
Earlene

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

You do love a challenge, don't you? I am looking forward to seeing the new chair.
Love the library makeover. Real cute!
You will miss the lil darlins' but having some free time will be so refreshing and you will have a new group all too soon! Enjoy yourself! Treat yourself to what you want to do!
Start by having a great week!
★Linda★

*Kountry*Porch*Primitives* said...

Great shelf redo, isn't it fun to make treasures out of trash!! Just caught your comment on you profile about being a skinny person being stuck in a chubby body...funny!! My backside is a size eight in my heart LOL!! ~Kriss~