Tuesday, May 17, 2011

good news and bad news.

Bad news:
I haven't accomplished much lately except for a few little projects here and there.
I did do a lovely job devouring a half of a bag of tootsie rolls though.
Here's the thing.....I don't really even like tootsie rolls.
How's that for some epic emotional eating?! :)

Seems like I have lost most of my gumption.
I think a lot of it has to do with thinking we were going to be moving for the last 9 months and then suddenly we weren't. I even had a few boxes packed.
That'll teach me to not "count my chickens" wont it?! Haha!
We are truly happy about our choice, but the complete turn around in our thinking
kind of messed me up a little.
I haven't felt like doing much of anything
except letting my poor old brain rest from all of its decision making.

But I did participate in a fun pin keep swap. I gave a little teaser to my partner in my last post. 
This is one that I originally made for her, but I after I made it,
I thought it might be a little too "cutsie" for her tastes. 



It's made from an egg cup that I picked up at Easter time.
I don't mind a bit keeping it for myself. :)


As some of you have read, we are expecting our first grandbaby in October. We are so excited!!!
I reconnected with an old high school friend on facebook
 and she was so sweet to send me some cute gifts for Cameron and Crystal.
She told me about these "monsters" that she made with her Young Women's church group and asked if she could send us some. Since we didn't know if the baby was going to be a boy or a girl, she sent one for both! She also included a burp rag for each! Aren't they so fun?!?

 I think they are so cute! Thanks so much Angie! Angie has a set of boy/girl twins too.Her son is getting ready to leave on a church mission, so for her to do that for us just means so much.

Here's the GOOD NEWS!!!

We found out today that Cam and Crystal are having a.........
BOY!!!
We couldn't be more thrilled.
 If you need me, I will be at the fabric store buying blue fabric.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

I think your pinkeep is very cute! :) Congrats on finding out your going to have a grandbaby boy!! The "monsters" you got are very cute too!

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Oh Jo-Anne, how exciting!! It is so muc fun knowing the sex of the baby! Congratulations! There is nothing like the anticipation!! October will be here before you know it!! Hugs!!

Anonymous said...

Hey JoAnne: Sorry to hear that you're not feeling too peppy lately...It'll pass...the pinkeep is adorable...I do like a bit of color now and then...Can't wait to see the other one!! Yours is on its way...Congrats on the grandbaby boy...
patti

Jen said...

Step away from the Tootsie Rolls- ya that would of been what I would be hearing in my head!! LOL
Cute pin keep. Congrats on your baby boy news, thats so exciting :)
Have a great day
~Blessings~

The Carters said...

Joanne, That was so sweet of your friend to do that! Tell her thanks from us. I love the little "monster" Im sure our little boy will love it too. :)

Julie said...

WOW!! COngrats on becoming a grandma--soon!! What an exciting time.

My brain has been on overload as well, and I have not seen my sewing room--other than to clean it for over a month. Today, though, I am going to make a quilt top for our oldest to take to college---go AGGIES!!!! She leaves this fall--sniffle, sniffle. Will I survive? Please help me know :)!!

Have a great day. Maybe we need to do an Americana swap--what do ya think?

Julie