Thursday, December 16, 2010

Mom rantings.

Did I ever mention how I totally dislike blogger?
Well, I do.
I can't get my blog looking like I want it to.
 Somebody went and changed everything and now I can't do what I want. 
 I am thinking of changing servers but I don't think I know how to transfer everything over....Grrrr.

Anyway.... I'm not going to let anything ruin my excitement.

You see, it's Elder Carter Eve today.

And to get the festivities underway as soon as possible, I woke up at 4:15 AM.
Okay, so that wasn't by choice, but I am just so excited that I couldn't sleep!

Mark will be returning home tomorrow night (Dec.17th) at 8:52 PM.
I have been waiting for this moment for 2 years!!! :):):)

There is just so many things to do!
Family is coming to stay here as well.....I need to bring my A-game as far as cleaning and cooking goes!


I also think I could be a professional wedding planner.
(insert sarcasm)

We are going to be pulling off a completely planned wedding by one beautiful bride-to-be and yours truly.
We are doing practically everything ourselves....
from the invitation making to the reception decorating to the catering.

We have had some pretty great contributors, though.

 Dad, Lenore, Stacey.....our runners and phone callers in Utah.
(it's hard to plan a wedding that will be held in Utah while living in Arizona )

Lisa, Josie and Jalene......photographers that do their thing with professional status....for free. :)

And a momentous event not to be forgotten,
our baby Ragan turned 17 this month.
We had a wonderful day with her doing just what she wanted to do.
Yummy sandwiches at Bisonwiches, a trip to the Hippie Gypsy (a very trendy store where everything stinks smells of incense) and a walk up and down 4th Ave.
Princess Ragan will be done with finals today at noon,
and then it's totally going to be "family time" for about a month!

So, the next few weeks will be busy, busy.
I am sure it will not be without some stress and anxiety.
But, I am one happy momma.


6 comments:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Jo-Anne, I feel your excitement! This is going to be the best Christmas ever.
I see in my mind's eye that you will be hugging and kissing and smiling for days!!!!!!
Merry Christmas to all of you.
★Linda★

Ann said...

JoAnne, glad to hear that Mark is going to be home! I can't imagine going for 2 years without seeing one of my kids. Thank goodness in this day and age you could receive the occasional email from him. ~Ann

Burklund Blogger said...

Ooh! Can I help put together the wedding announcements?
So excited to see Mark this Sunday (but my excitement probably pales in comparison to yours).
What a BUSY BUSY mama you are going to be for the next month... and then before you know it it'll be all over and you'll be wondering what the heck just happened.
Remember to take your Vitamin C so you don't end up crashing when it's all over ;)

Adrian said...

I've been thinking about you today! My sister flies in at 6:3pm tomorrow and it's only been 3 weeks since I've seen her. I'm so excited for Mark to come home and can only imagine your excitement! Have a fun family month! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Jalene said...

yay for mark coming home!!!

yay for a wedding in a few weeks!!!


such happy happy things.

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Congratulations Momma Carter! Enjoy this time with your precious family!