Thursday, May 28, 2009

I'm Ba-ack!

Well, we got the ol' computer running smoothly again. Thank goodness. I am happy to be with all of my fine blogging friends again....:) Preschool has just ended for the summer break. I am always so sad to have it end. It is hard for me to let them go...especially the ones that wont be back next year because they are off to kindergarten. This is sweet little Kyra. I am so glad she will be returning in August for the new preschool year. She is a little cutie! (Although she may give me a run for my money as she has a bit of a crush on Craig--who, by the way, thinks it's wonderful!) I have had some fabulous luck at the Goodwill stores lately. This little shelf already had it's makeover....(sorry, the "before" picture accidentally was deleted.) At first, this shelf had a metal clock face on it where the pretend drawer is now. It was painted a horrid orangey-red color. I went with my usual go-to color of black and roughed it up a bit. I will be looking for the perfect place for this right away! :) I also found this small quilt. Now, I am not a fan of the blue (it's actually quite a lot darker in real life) but the piecing and hand quilting are top notch. I think I will use some Rit dye and make it more primitive looking. I believe I will be hanging this in the upstairs hallway...for now!
Here are a few other things awaiting their makeover.....
Seriously. Who gives this stuff away?????
The saltbox house has a little hole for a clip light. The rooster cupboard opens up to some shelves, and that little tin pail will find a comfortable home on one of the many pegs I have around here. I am still trying to decide what to do with the hanging box.....ideas anyone???
Take care everyone!

6 comments:

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Great finds Jo-Ann...love the quilt and I'd just paint the unfinished piece black and distress it and put a grungy candle in it:)
Have a great day and glad your back:)
Rondell

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

So glad you are back. I so understand your feelings of saying goodbye to the kiddos that move on to kindergarten. My heart alway broke a little each May. Now I am seeing the names of many of my former students in the paper as they graduate from college or high school! YIKES!

Love the little shelf and I can't wait to see the makeovers on the other pieces!

Have a great weekend!

hugs, Linda

Sandy said...

I love the little shelf...CUTE!
And you also found yourself some real good goodies. I really like that pail. Can't wait to see what you are going to do with it all.

Have a great weekend :)

TrishAnderson said...

How on earth do you find such great deals? I have to know how much time it takes - maybe it is because I don't want to venture out with 4 kids that I think I can't take the time to do something like that.... I think they are all so fabulous!! And I love your shelf - that is gorgeous.

Julie said...

Hello Jo-Anne--
Good to hear from you. I enjoyed looking at your make-overs. WOW on the quilt--who gives stuff like that away? Primming it up will be great. Hope all is well at your house. take care---Julie

Gayle said...

Welcome back to blogland Jo-Anne! Looks like you've found some real treasures at the thrift stores lately.