Friday, February 20, 2009

Where does the time go?

Wow. I have really been M.I.A. these past few weeks. I never intended to take a blogging break but I guess some things just have to give every now and then. Craig has been traveling. A.LOT. You would think that after 23 years of this I would be used to it. Most trips I am just fine, but lately, it's been hard. Now, I am not one to cry myself to sleep over things I can't control, but, I have shed a few tears this last week. Mainly because Ragan has been sick. And I mean sick for weeks now. Just when it seems she is feeling better, she comes down with something again. We had her in the doctor last Monday and got some medicine, so hopefully things will start to turn around. I guess it doesn't matter how old they get, you still worry. In addition to that, our old doggy, Rudy, had some sort of a seizure or something. He couldn't focus his eyes and he was stumbling around. It was really sad. Craig came home early from work and we seriously discussed taking him to the vet to be put down. Then all of a sudden, he seemed to do a little better. We decided to wait and watch. Every day for the past 4 days he has improved to the point that he is back to his normal self. We are calling it a miracle. We are also making sure that we are thankful for him everyday....seeing as he turned 14 this month, we do realize that his days are numbered. So, all of this has taken an emotional toll. I need a nice long nap. Maybe then I will feel like getting some things done! :) On a much happier and positive note, Mark has had his first baptism already. He was so excited. We are very proud of him! Craig will be returning home tonight and I am so glad. He promised me that he would build me something tomorrow. Boy, do I ever have a list for him! haha! Have a nice weekend~

8 comments:

Lewaina@cliffsideranch said...

LOL!!!!! Yeah. You find out and then let me know. This week, it has just flown by.......
♥ Lewaina

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Oh Jo-anne, I can so relate. After 33 years you would think I would be used to it too. Last year David was gone 4 days a week every single week. It was so hard and when we thought he would travel to Texas every week for 4 days with an 8 hour trip each way, people actually told to me buck up and stop complaining. And why is it the bad things happen when they are away. It is so true - our kids are always going to our worries - mine are 28 and 30 and I still worry! Jay travels now so I worry about him in the bad weather.

I hope Ragan feels much better ASAP and Rudy gives you many more moments of joy and Craig builds you something extra special!! Sending extra hugs your way, Linda

familywithfivekids said...

I'm glad you updated. I did not realize Regan has been sick - I'm so sorry. I'm glad Craig is coming home - hopefully you'll get some well deserved good rest. Hang in there, enjoy your weekend!

erica e said...

I'm so sorry you've had it rough lately!
That is exciting about your son's first baptism!
Hang in there!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Poor Ragan! I certainly hope she feels 100% very soon. I'm sure there are things she'd rather be doing!
Good to hear Mark is so happy where he is. That has to make it eassier on Mom!
Enjoy your time with Craig. It is pretty common for people to get the blues in the winter months. You will feel better after seeing Craig and Ragan feels like herself......
BTW~got my sign and I love it. It does look good hanging by the quilts....

Julie said...

Hi Jo-Anne--I hope that everyone(including the dog) is doing better at your house. It would be so hard to have my husband gone a lot--I admire your strength. Congrats to Mark--how very wonderful to have a baptism. Have a great Monday. Oh, are we sending our trade the middle of March? I hope that's right---I think I have lost my brain lately. Julie

Kris said...

Hi Jo-Anne!
I have been thinking about you this past week. I have been using the bag you gave me as my "handbag" (I guess Americans would say "purse") and have had so many comments about it! People just love it and I am always saying, "Oh yes, a blogging friend of mine made it for me, isn't it lovely!". So you have been on my mind. Hope your Ragan is doing well. My Rose (18) is a little like that. She just gets over one thing and then something else goes wrong. It's hard to deal with. She was so glad to be rid of her tonsils and she was excited to do all sorts of things again and I tried to give some caution (be a wet blanket she thinks!) and this week she is unwell again with an old complaint we thought she was completely over. Ah well. Press onward. It's all we can do!

TrishAnderson said...

Hope things are calming down at the Carter household. You can come hang out with me if you need a break from whatever!!!