Tuesday, August 5, 2008

A very SUPER Saturday

On Saturday, Aug. 2nd, our ward (church) combinded with the Desert Willow ward for a craft day. It is refered to as Super Saturday. They are quite a common occurance in Utah, sometimes being held twice a year. Here in Tucson, the idea has not been as readily accepted. The idea is for the women to spend a whole day together crafting and socializing. It truly is fabulous fun and if you ever have the chance to attend one, it's worth it! Craig and I were in charge of cutting and assembling the beginnings of a few projects. A while back I showed a picture of the magnet board frames that we would be making. Here is another fun project we cut the wood for. It is a board that reads, "Happy Everything" with little interchangable shapes for each month of the year. There were 22 of those boards made. Way to go ladies! There was some marathon painting going on! :) More painting..... On the table next to ours the ladies were making a little scrapbook out of paper lunch bags...They were so cute!! It was a fun day full of crafting, delicious food and comaradery. I can't wait until next time!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like soooo much fun! I would like to see more pics of the finished crafts if you're taking requests. :o)

May Kristin said...

Look like you all had a funfilled day!

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

What a fabulous Day! That looks great and I love the signs.
That fish swap quilt is fabulous, lucky you, Tracey

Gettysburg Homestead said...

Oh my word how fun!!!! We don't do anything like that here. That Happy Everything Board is an awesome idea!

Mary

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

OH I wish I had been there! That is right up my alley! What a wonderful way to share fellowship and have fun too. Your sign is a great idea - very clever and unique. Thanks for sharing Jo-Anne!!

lera said...

We've never had a "Super Saturday" in our ward, but we have had craft marathons on Friday evenings/night with homemade soups and breads (and cheese and crackers). They flopped though when a few bad (terrible) crafts were advertised. No one signed up and it completely fizzled.

(And I am noticing how nice and neatly the new white chairs are stacking on the way! We need that here. Our chairs are leaning against the wall, ready to slide down and onto the floor.

Julie said...

I've been in charge of those "Souper" Saturdays before. We always serve soup for lunch and craft until we drop. I love your sign--that is very cute. I think our super Saturday is in October this year--I get to just attend--not plan--WAHOO!! Julie

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Jo-Anne,

The crafting with all the ladies looks like so much fun!

Love your sign too!

Tammy

Anonymous said...

Looks way out of my league!

Just a note- I am going private (not for any scary reasons ;-) and I need yours and Mak's email. do you mind sending it to me?
laurielovesrunning at yahoo

Kim Walus said...

I sure miss Super Saturdays. We haven't done one of those since I was Homemaking Leader and that was quite a few years back now. If I suggest it they'll put me in charge of it and I'm not ready to do another one yet!

I loved the happy everything sign and the magnet boards I'm sure were great!

Thimbleanna said...

It looks like you had a great time! I'm surprised those magnet boards are so big -- I missed that on Erin's blog! Love the Happy Everything's!