Wednesday, March 26, 2008

That was then, this is now.

Back when our oldest son Cameron was just a little baby Craig's dad offered us some advice. One day, while holding Cam, he said, "He is so cute.... before you know it he will be all grown up. Appreciate him while he is little, the years go by so fast." I remember thinking, "Ya, whatever. I am up all night with feedings and diaper changes. At the moment I am running on baby powdered scented fumes. The years can go as fast as they want." I am here to say that the years have absolutely flown by. It seems like yesterday that those prophetic words were spoken to me. Nearly 22 years have gone by and 3 more babies have been born and they too, are practically grown up. Cameron is married and our family has increased with his little wife, Crystal. Mark and Makenzie are now expressing the desire to spread their wings. Ragan is talking about things like dating and driving and even college. The days of running on baby powdered scented fumes are only a faint memory. The days (and nights) may be long but the years are short. I miss my babies but I adore the wonderful people that my children have become. Of course I say this without a single trace of objectivity, but my children are beautiful, kind, caring, and loving. (Not to mention a multitude of other superlatives.) baby pics--L to R; Ragan, Cameron, Makenzie, Mark. large pic--L to R; (back)Makenzie, Crystal, Cameron (front)Ragan, Mark

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gail said...

I love the baby pictures. I picked out Ragan and Mark.

It is sad that the years go by so fast. I think because it means I am getting older.

With mine being so young still, I am in the running on fumes stage and often wish they were older and could do more for themselves. i am sure when that day comes I will wish they were little again.

familywithfivekids said...

They really all do grow up so fast! I'm realizing this too... This is a cute post, your children are gems.

mylittlegems said...

Jo-Anne- this was a good post for me to read because just today I was complaining about changing too many "poopy" diapers. And as I type this, Tanner is on the floor next to me calling out, "ma ma!" So- thank you for sharing and I'll go enjoy the little ones while they are still little. love, Sharla p.

Sue Carter said...

The kids are so cute ... both young and older! I remember meeting when Ragan was just little. We miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Your kids are all of those good things because they have such a great mom :0). We are past diapers, naps, and Barney..my next big step is to have them all buckle up by themselves!