I was dying to get at the make over, but we have been so busy wrapping up
the end of the school year that I just barely was able to do it.
Now be patient with me as I explain what I did......
I seem to have lost all the pics that went along with the explanation.
I unscrewed the top where the bulb goes. It just unscrews. No tools needed. Once that was done, everything just kind of slides apart....but I left it all connected since I knew I probably couldn't re-connect all the wires if I wanted it in all separate pieces. (make sense??)
I masked off the plug, bulb holder and cord.
Then I painted it with spray paint. It is a Krylon color called Watermelon.
I got a little bit of over spray on the glass, but it came right off with a little W-D 40.
(Sprayed it on a rag then wiped the paint off.)
After it was dry, I slid it all back together and screwed the top back on.
Easy, Peasy, Lemon Squeezy.
I bought a new shade with a 40% off coupon.
While the cellophane covering was still on the shade,
I traced around the inside of the small part where the fabric is now.
I carefully took the cellophane off the shade and taped it down on a piece of paper to give it more stability. Then I cut it out. I pinned it on some fabric, and cut 4 pieces.
Then, I used clear craft glue to adhere it to the shade.
Using a tooth pick, I smoothed the edges down,
making sure to clip any threads that may have come loose.
Finally, I glued some fancy ric-rac around the top and bottom.
I love how it turned out.
It's going in our guest room.
The guest room that we will put together after we're done painting our whole downstairs....
which is taking far longer than I want it to.
Right now, it just looks like we turned our house upside down and shook it real good.
Clutter and mess.
The very two things that make me really cranky.
Oh. And it's getting hot.
Make that the THREE things that make me really cranky! ;)