Wednesday, May 6, 2009

It's time.....

......for MANGO SALSA! I look forward to mango season every year. When they go on sale I stock up. I let them sit for a few days to get good and ripe and then I make a whole lot of......THIS!! Oh, the deliciousness!!!! It's so yummy with chips, but it's great on a salad or on grilled chicken or fish. MMMmmmm! And so you can enjoy the scrummyness as well, here's the recipe!! Mango Salsa 3 mangoes 3 lg. tomatoes 1 lg. sweet onion 1-2 jalapenos 1 orange 1-2 limes 1 can crushed pineapple 1/2 bunch of cilantro 1 tsp. salt Peel mangoes. In a food processor, chop all mango, tomato, onion, jalapeno and cilantro, pouring into a large bowl as you go. Add the juice from the orange and limes. Add crushed pineapple. Add salt and stir together. So easy! (this can be frozen) Hope you like it!

6 comments:

Jalene said...

You and I must get our love from mangoes from Dad. :)

Julie said...

YUMMY!!! That recipe sounds so good. Cost-co has a tasty mango salsa, too. I love the sweet/sour taste of it. Hope all is well with you. We stilll need to decide on our next exchange. What sounds good to you? Let me know--have a great day. Julie

familywithfivekids said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe - I will make this for sure! YUMMY!

TrishAnderson said...

My sister makes a mango salsa that is different, but this does sound quite delicious. I just might have to try to out.

Andrea said...

mangos intimidate me. would love to try it but I don't think I would even know how to choose a good mango. and then cutting it up? where does the core start or stop?? See - I'm all uptight about it right now. okay, deep breath. it's all good.

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

So I've never ever eaten a mango, Joanne! I like spicy things...does this sauce have a sweet and spicy taste? What's the general taste of it? It sounds very interesting!

Tammy