Friday, November 14, 2008

Daughters

(Makenzie age 3) "Mommy, when are you gonna get my sister?" (Me) "When Heavenly Father decides to send us a baby." (Makenzie) "I said a prayer and asked Heavenly Father for a sister." (Me) "Well, Heavenly Father just might send a baby brother." (Makenzie) "Nope. It's a sister." At the time of this conversation, Craig and I had just recently discussed having another baby. It went something like this... (Me) "You know, if we are going to have another baby, we should probably start thinking about it. The twins are potty trained, we've been sleeping all night for some time now....it's all getting too easy. (Craig) "Are you serious? You're thinking we need another baby?" Then Makenzie helped us make the decision. Ragan was born 2 months before Mark and Makenzie turned 5. After Ragan was born, Makenzie made this comment, "Heavenly Father must be a really good listener. I asked Him for a sister and he sent one." I am grateful for my sweet daughters. As I watch them grow into young women, I am amazed at their inner beauty. I see their desires to do good and their limitless ability to be kind to others. When they struggle with life and the trials it brings, my heart aches for them. As I try to help them pick up the pieces, I want them to understand that these struggles will make them grow and become stronger.
I enjoy their company and their friendship.
They make me laugh.....
They make me proud.
"Mommy loves you....All her heart"

15 comments:

Janene said...

Jo-Anne~
You and your daughters are beautiful! Honestly, you could pass as sisters!!
I too have a close relationship with my daughters.
Gotta love those girls...I know I do!
Stop by my blog and visit sometime.
I really enjoyed this post!

~Janene~

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Your girls are as lovely as their mom! There is something very special about a daughter. How blessed you are with 2!!

Holly said...

CUTE, CUTE GIRLS!!! I wish so bad that Bria could've had a sister! We were SURE we were having a girl...then surprise...there's a little angel that I wouldn't trade for the world!

Julie said...

Great post!! I am grateful for my girls, too. I tell them one day they will need to take care of me, so they better be good!! Have a great weekend. Julie

mylittlegems said...

They are very beautiful girls - I think you just made me want daughters even more than I already do :) But I'll be happy w/ whatever Heavenly Father sends us...maybe McKenzie can pray for us to have girls from now on :)

Jo-Anne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Makenzie said...

awww.. :')
I love you too mommy!
I totally forgot about praying for a little sister. But I want a little brother now...Can you get me one? haha, just kidding...but seriously ;)
Thanks for all you do.
you're the GREATEST! I wouldn't have asked for another mom.
You're amazing in every single way, and I don't know how you have put up with all the crap/struggles that we've gone through. I would have given up a long time ago.
LOVE YOU!
xoxo

Andy said...

wow..what beautiful women in your family!!! You can tell that the smiles are so genuine. Blessings.

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

What a sweet post...your daughters are beautiful!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Beautiful daughters with beautiful blue eyes Jo-Ann!

I wish I could have had a sister for Michele, she is the oldest, instead she got three brothers.:)
Have a great day!
Rondell

Thimbleanna said...

Very cute girls Jo-Anne -- you're so lucky to have daughters!

familywithfivekids said...

This is a darling post! You have such a wonderful family. I'm looking forward to a post on the boys next. :)

Anonymous said...

It just makes me happy to see families that truly love each other and want what's best for each other. And raising their kids with such strength and wisdom and faith! You're awesome and yes, you could pass for their other sister!

Andrea said...

beautiful mom = beautiful girls! darling post.

TrishAnderson said...

I love the Carter girls. They are my favorites!!!!! You have a wonderful family and I am honored to know you.

See you Friday!!!!!