Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Momma's got a Brand New Bag!

I received my bag from Linda's bag and bucket swap. I was matched up with Amanda. She made the most beautiful bag for me. I can't wait to fill it up with all my little projects and take it with me to Ragan's next volleyball game!
She does the most beautiful hand work. It is exquisite!

SEE?!?!

It's just beautiful!

Amanda also filled it with fun little goodies....

She included a card (with little bags and purses on it...how clever!), a little pin cushion with lavender inside (it smells super yummy!) and a hand made coaster (which I will hide away for my own personal use....sloppy children--stay away!). She also gave me a lovely huge chocolate bar.......

Only this is all that's left of it!

WHAT? haven't you ever tasted British chocolate??? It is divine. It makes our American chocolate taste like wax.

It got a bit melty sitting in the mailbox so after letting it freeze up a bit, I shared it with the family. (I got most of it, though!)

It was delicious!

Thank you Amanda! You did a very good job of tricking me....I had no idea you were the one who would be sending me a bag, but I am SO glad it was you! I love it!!!

A proper thank you is on it's way to you way over in England. I wish I could bring it to you personally! :):):)

12 comments:

Amanda said...

Hello Jo-Anne, I'm glad you like the bag - and I will take a copy of the photograph for my own file too. It never occurred to me that the chocolate might melt, that would so rarely happen in the UK. I'm glad you managed to salvage it though.

Thimbleanna said...

Very cute Jo-Anne. How fun that you got a bag all the way from England!

lera said...

It sure looks like Amanda put a lot of hard work and effort into her project. Very nice.

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

What a neat swap! Aren't they fun??!!

Leslie said...

A very cute bag! I'm sure you'll get many good uses out of it :)

Nope...never had chocolate from outside the US. It's Hershey around here :)

Have a great day!

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Very cute, Jo-Anne! How neat to have British chocolate! Never had any!

Have a great Weds!
Tammy

Julie said...

Great swap!! I have your runner finished--it will be mailed to you on Monday!! Hope you like it!! I'm so excited......julie

Something Nice and Pretty said...

What a sweet bag Jo-Ann, I'm sure you will be using it alot.
Today I recieved the"Boo Blocks" how sweet they are and thanks so much, I have them on my blog in today's post.
Rondell

Nicole said...

That is so cute. I love british chocolate too. My inlaws brought us back some from a mission, oh man it was to stinkin good. Hey I have an award for you over at my blog and sing me up for the ornament swap. Thanks!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Mama's bag's a beauty! Isn't it neat to discover that other people in other parts of the world share our passions? I love it!!!
HUGS Linda

Karen said...

Your bag is soooooooo cute and all of the extra goodies...lucky you;)

Unknown said...

What a cute bag, and lovely little extras.....hmmmm British chocolate, almost as good as the aussie choc.