Thursday, September 4, 2008

An AWARD and a SWAP!!

I was so happy to receive this award from Marie the other day! THANK YOU THANK YOU! She was so kind to send it my way! I will be awarding it to some fun Prim blogs very soon!!! I believe it's time for a SWAP......... I just mailed off my bag for Linda's bag swap (sorry, in my haste to send it I forgot to take a picture of the finished product). It got me to thinking that it might be fun to organize a little swap here! I would like to do a Christmas ornament swap...... Here's the low-down on the swap. 1. This swap is open to anyone who has a blog. International bloggers are welcome. 2. Sign up by emailing me. joannecarter4(at)yahoo(dot)com Feel free to post this swap on your blog so that others have the opportunity to join. 3. I will limit the participants to 50 bloggers. All names and links will be added to my sidebar. 4. The ornament you choose to send will be hand made. It can be made of any craft medium as long as it adheres to prefereces your swap partner has suggested. 5. You may state a preference as to what kind of ornament you would like to receive. For example; "I would prefer a prim ornie" or " I would prefer a more traditional ornament" or "I have no preference". Also state your preference as to whether you would be willing to mail internationally or not. 6. Your best work will be expected. In others words, send something that is the quality you would want to receive. 7. As soon as I close the swap, I will match you up with a partner and email you all their particulars. This is a BLIND SWAP so your partner will not know who you are. This is the fun part so don't give away too much info on your blog in the ornamnet making process. 8. The ornaments need to be completed and mailed by November 1, 2008. Happy swapping!

15 comments:

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Jo-Anne,

I had been thinking about a Christmas ornament swap myself! Let me get back to you...I need to think on what I could make before I commit! Sounds like fun...as I love Christmas so much!

Have a great day!
Tammy

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

I have 3 swaps going on, and I am making somethings for a fundraiser so I can't commit this year - but it sounds like so much fun! Darn - wish I had come here first!

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, sounds like a great swap! I hope you guys have fun -- I'm swearing off swaps for the holiday season -- just too much to do and no time to do it! I'll look forward to reading about everyone's ornaments!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo-Anne,

Greetings from Ireland. I would love to participate in your swap!

Cheers,

Nicola

Julie said...

I would love to be in the swap. Please count me in. thanks for putting this together. Julie

Amanda said...

Drat! You've just reminded me that I've done the same, packaged up my bag and sent it out without taking a photograph. I'll just have to get the recipient to take one for me.

Holly said...

Sounds like sooooo much fun! Unfortunetly I have WAY too much going on with my pregnancy. Hope you get a lot of people to sign up cuz it's such a great idea!!!

Karen said...

I was in a big hurry to get my bag in the mail and also didn't get pics of the completed bag...and I totally switched gears from what I first started with...your swap sounds like fun...count me in;)

Anonymous said...

Ah what the heck? I'm almost finished with my Angel Swap gifts for some lucky lady in Australia, so I think it's time to start thinking about Christmas! Sign me up!

MGM

TaraB said...

Count me in of course!!!

Kimberly said...

Please consider me... I would love to do a Christmas ornie swap!
Let me know,and it will be made with love in Canada!
Blessings, Kimberly

Anonymous said...

count me in! I love hand made Christmas ornaments!
Missy

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Jo-Anne,

I just emailed you...I'd love to participate in your swap! I'll be waiting to hear from you!

Tammy

mary grace said...

sounds like fun! count me in :)

Andy said...

I found you through Kim at My Brown Bag Studios. I would love to be a part of your swap if it's not too late. Kim and I are cousins and good friends so we'd prefer not to be 'partners' in the swap. I'll wait to hear from you ...thanks for doing this! andrea