Monday, August 11, 2008

A busy day!

It's 9AM and I already feel like I've been running crazy. We get up early around these parts. Ragan has early morning Seminary at the church. It starts at 7 so we usually leave our house around 6:30 AM. She catches the school bus at the church but this morning she informed me that she couldn't find her activity card which is basically her bus ticket. She said she had looked EVERYWHERE and just couldn't find it. I gave her my well rehearsed lecture on being organized and responsible but that didn't change the fact that I was now going to have to get her to school since the bus driver wont let students on the bus without an activity card. GRRRR! I decided to run a couple of errands while waiting for her, but discovered that the post office doesn't open until 8:30 AM (when did that change???). So, I scratched that idea and headed to WalMart to pick up a few things. Thankfully it's not at all crowded that early in the morning and I was able to get in and out quickly. Upon picking her up she informed me that she needed her sports physical papers filled out by 12:30 this afternoon or she cannot try out for volleyball. Tryouts start today after school. She had her physical back in June, but I know the doctor will not have the school formed filled out by noon. GRRRR! As I hand her some money to buy another activity card so we don't have this dilemma tomorrow morning, she says, "Oh ya. I found my activity card." "Where was it?", I demand, not at all happy. "Jose has it...", she replied. "WHO has it?!?!" , says me, in a very irritated way. "Crystal's brother, Jose". Then I commenced with the interrogation.... "WHY does HE have it??...HOW did HE get it??....You WILL get it back TODAY!.....If you don't have your activity card in your hands TONIGHT, I am CALLING his MOTHER!....You had better hope that I DO NOT see this boy today....WHY would a SENIOR boy want to have a FRESHMAN'S activity card???" (I believe I slightly over reacted.) GRRRR! So, now that my list of phone calls are made, and the doctor's office confirmed the fact that her physical will NOT be available before noon, I will be waiting patiently to hear from the school if she will be able to try out today. I will be working on this while I wait.... I can't give away any details as it is for the bag swap I joined over at All Stitched Up. I will say that I am very excited about my swap partner. She lives far, far away from me. I love reading her blog. She seems like such a fun lady! Speaking of fun ladies.... I received a lovely post card from my blogging friend, Nadine. She is the one who sent me my beautiful new pincushion. She lives in Belgium and is on a vacation in Spain at the moment. I was so touched that she thought to send me something while she is gone. She is a sweet gal! Look at all the water....can't see any of that here in the desert! OOOoo, Spanish stamps. If my dad reads this--YES, I will save them for your stamp collection.

9 comments:

Gettysburg Homestead said...

Jo Anne I have had many of your days. Our school starts next Tuesday so back to the rat race it is. My DD missed the bus last year and it even stops in front of the house. Now how does that happen??? LOL. I tell you then my son had another boys planner that wasn't even in his class.


All of that fabric and ric rac will make a nice bag.
Mary

Anonymous said...

I don't think you overreacted because those same questions were running through my mind before I read your next line :-)

Sara Adams said...

Oh my goodness! I hope your day goes a little better this afternoon. Oh, by the way do you know when Craig's athlete compete?

Julie said...

I just love days like that--NOT!! I hope tomorrow is better. Teenagers--there's ALWAYS an adventure. Your fabric and ric-rak is so cute. Can't wait to see what you do with it. Julie

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Your swap goodies look like fun! I need to be a part of a swap sometime. That sounds like fun. Oh and blog friends are the best! What fun to get that postcard in the mail!

I'd be happy to help you with some Etsy questions...well I will try to answer them the best I can. :)
3guysagirlandaprimplace@live.com

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

I would have reacted the exact same way so I think you reacted just fine MOM! LOL

Love the pretty fabrics and rick rack. I can only imagine what a pretty creation you will stitch up!

Has Jill competed yet? Are they enjoying China? I think about Craig and Jill everytime I turn on the Olympics and pray they are blessed with an awesome time!

Anonymous said...

Sounds similar to our house especially as we make the mad scramble getting ready for school to start. Things like registration forms and sports physicals and supply shopping. And how could you help but react that way...
Can't wait to see the project.

lera said...

That sounds like a crazy busy morning. My mother is going to teach Seminary this year. (This is her third year.)

Thimbleanna said...

Now don't make me get out my pointy finger and tell you to enjoy every grrrr moment LOL! Are you glued to the Olympics???