Wednesday, June 25, 2008

What an Honor!

I have been awarded the Arte y Pico Award for Blog excellence! My friend, Mary, from Gettysburg Homestead, was so kind to give me an award. I was very surprised to get it and touched at the nice things she said about me. If you stop by her blog, you will be amazed at her creativity. She lives in a wonderful old house that she is fixing up so cute! (I try to keep my envy in check...) :) Not only is does she make and sell her owns prim creations, she is also an EMT. I am so glad to have met her! OK, here are the rules and remember if you already have the award just accept and that's all you have to do! 1. You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserving of this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also contribute to the blogging community, no matter what language. 2. Each award has to have the name of the author and a link to his/her blog to be visited by everyone. 3. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that presented her/him with the award. 4.The award winner and one who has given the prize have to show the link of "Arte y Pico" blog so everyone will know the origin of this award. 5. To show these rules. I tried to pick 5 blogs that I haven't chosen for anything else, recently. Sorry to anyone possibly getting a repeat award! So after much contemplation, I chose: 1.Linda, from All Stitched Up. She is a wonderful Aussie lady that recently organized the FUNNEST pincushion swap. I had so much fun making mine and sending it to Norway! She makes the most incredible quilts...you must go peep at her blog! 2.Jane, from Posy. She lives in jolly old England and as I read her blog I can just hear her adorable accent! I love to look at all her pictures. She has such a quaint little house full of floral fabrics, doilies, and much much more. I love to hear her tell of her car boot finds and her obsession with the band Cold Play! 3.Dolly, from From My Cherry Heart. She has awakened my new found love of the color red! She has the sweetest blog with the most wonderful pictures. Stop by and see for yourself....you will be glad you did! 4.Erica,from Polka Dot Quilts. She never ceases to amaze me with the quilts she sews up! She is so fast at it, too! She is one talented gal, that's for sure!! 5.And finally, Tracy from Oz Country Quilting Mum. If only she knew how much I want to play with all the animals on her farm!!! They are all so cute. You must go see the pictures of them! She poses them with some of her quilts. She also has a sewing room to die for! Thanks again Mary for the award!! Happy blogging, everyone! :):):

5 comments:

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Congrats on your award, Mary is sweet isn't she? I'll be stopping by again and you do the same:)

Blessings Rondell

Gettysburg Homestead said...

You deserve this award Jo Anne!!! Keep the posts coming as I come and visit you every day.

Mary

Andrea said...

Congrats Jo-Anne! Your creativity does deserve recognition. And thanks for the sweet comment on my blog about Maddie. Also, your comment about moving here - isn't it wonderful to know THE PLAN!! It brings me daily happiness in a world of uncertainity. Have a very HAPPY day!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Love checking in. And I just spent fifteen minutes on all of your links.

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Well done to you mary...and thank you so much for mentioning me. I am really touched that you enjoy my blog like that, you have made my day, love Tracey