Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Linda, over at all stitched up (see sidebar) organized a lovely little pincushion swap. Since I was feeling brave after joining up with the four seasons quilt swap (see sidebar) I happily jumped in on it! Now, this is a little more up my alley, but as you are about to see, I had a bit of trouble..... This is my first attempt. If I could have, I would have made this little beehive open on a hinge, so all could see the inside, complete with a beehive family, and complete contents of a little beehive home. But, since I realized that that level of development would not be a very functional pincushion, I didn't do it. After much thought, and Ragan's incessant comments that it looked like 3 hamburgers stacked up, I decided to glue and squish it flatter. Here is the result of that endeavor. Unfortunately, I got a little too happy with the glue application and it's just to gluey. Even though glue puddles are very much a part of my reality (preschool) there is dried glue in places I don't want there to be. So, I decided to try a different approach. This little hedgehog was my next attempt. I think she is cute and I like how the pins resemble her quills. She looks like she is holding on for dear life to the detachable fabric wrist band I made. Poor thing.... A close up of her face.... She looks very frightened to me. I also made a little clothes peg pincushion out of a soda pop lid. After much contemplation, I have decided that the little hedgie and the clothes peg pincushions are off to my swap partner. She lives all the way in Norway. I hope she likes them!