Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Keeping busy...

While Craig is away at what seems to be a never ending stream of trackmeets lately, I have been pining away for him at the sewing machine. (oh, how I wish to have the same endurance when it comes to the treadmill....) I have been working on a few little random things and this is one of my finished projects. I saw a pattern similar to this in a little crafty quilt shop in Mountain View Wyoming a few years ago. I had just dropped a big wad of cash on a bunch of fabric and just couldn't justify buying the book for one pattern. So, I shamelessly snapped a quick picture of the finished quilt upon exiting the store. Here is a close up of my version... I have enough watermelon wedges to complete 20 more blocks. I might make a tablecloth or something!

5 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Very cute Jo-Anne -- and perfect for summer!

Julie said...

That is darling. I loved the ragged edges. It looks so summery and cute. julie

mkam said...

love it!

Primgal55 said...

Well that answers one of my questions in my email to you. That is just charming! I am so taken with quilts and intricate sewing projects like that. I just love it!


hugs, Linda

familywithfivekids said...

You have been so busy! This is very fun for summer! My kids are beggin for watermelon around here.