Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Attention all animal lovers!

I realize that there are some people out there that do not share my deep and abiding love of animals. If I had my way, I would be living on a farm with a couple of horses, a goat, some chickens and a whole menagerie of dogs and cats. Sadly, I live in the city and get strange looks every time I buy pet food. When the cashier asks me what kind of dog I have and I reply, "I have three....2 labs and an English pointer", I usually get the look like "Are you completely out of your mind???". By the time the cat food comes through her check out, she politely smiles, but this time doesn't ask any questions. I know she is thinking that I am that crazy cat/dog lady that she heard about on the news and how the animal control had to seize 70 feral cats from her home. Happily, that is NOT me. Our pet's days of reproducing are no more. Our animals are simply another member of our family. We love them but the love we get in return is ten fold. We take our responsibility to them very seriously. Let me introduce them to you.....Rusty, age 10, Sunshine (Rusty's mother) age 12, Macy, age 4 Maggie (Macy's mother) age 6, Rudy, age 13

3 comments:

familywithfivekids said...

Nice to meet the rest of your family! They are all so very cute!

Anonymous said...

Jo-Anne,
You know how I love your Cats and Dogs! MEOW! WOOF! Have you seen my blog...with "The Men in my Life?" It's sad, but true!

Sue Carter said...

Add me to the human species that absolutely adores the animal species ... such unconditional love they give. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we treated one another by such rules?